Well said Petr,

of course we need some more words because it seems to be a phrasal verb.



On 8/3/07, Petr Hrubis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
> Well, can you provide us with a little context?
>
> Anyway, this appears to be an intensifying phrase...could a native
> speaker comment on this?
>
> I've never encountered it (nor have I read the book), so...I can't
> really help...just guess...
>
> Best,
>
> Petr
>
> 2007/8/2, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > I'm now reading the book THE KITE RUNNER,
> > with a dictionary I can understand most part of it.
> > What confused me most is the phrase " for you, a thousand times over"
> > which appears in the book for many times.
> > what does it mean?
> >
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
>


-- 
Visit my Institute's Home page
Join me in my group
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/IELC

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to