I've seen it in contexts like "no, no, a thousand times over, no', that kind
of thing - as Petr says, an intensifying device, But yes, context would be
useful

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Petr Hrubis
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: what does this mean?


Well, can you provide us with a little context?

Anyway, this appears to be an intensifying phrase...could a native
speaker comment on this?

I've never encountered it (nor have I read the book), so...I can't
really help...just guess...

Best,

Petr

2007/8/2, Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> I'm now reading the book THE KITE RUNNER,
> with a dictionary I can understand most part of it.
> What confused me most is the phrase " for you, a thousand times over"
> which appears in the book for many times.
> what does it mean?
>
>
> >
>



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to