I have a forum that uses cosign and kerberos, and every day people need
to log back in (I have 24 hour ticket lifetimes), but worse, if they are
in the middle of doing something and the ticket expires, they get kicked
to the login page as well, which is not great user experience.

Most websites have the concept of a timeout based on activity, which is
obviously different from what's going on here, but I'm wondering if
renewable tickets would reduce this issue.  Will cosign renew tickets if
I set them all to renewable?  Or, is there any aspect of cosign that
tracks activity rather than just ticket lifetime?

Thanks,
Chris