> That's definitively not how kerberos works. In fact, the password is
> not sent to the KDC to obtain credentials.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the krb5 API that cosign talks to, I know how
kerberos works at the protocol level and that credentials aren't passed
over the wire, etc.  I just meant it gets tickets to authenticate.

> Seems like this is actually your problem, not renewable kerberos
> tickets.

I think this is an oversimplification, but hopefully my other mail
explains the use case more clearly.

> I would think this case would be handled in an authorization step,
> rather than during authentication.

Not sure exactly what you mean here.  Kerberos doesn't do authz, yet it
still has allow_tix and whatnot, so the line is a little blurry already,
and the feature I want is on the authn side of the line (as far as krb5
is concerned).  I don't need fancy authz stuff like acls, just the
ability to ban somebody by setting -allow_tix and have that be respected
by everybody who's using krb5 to authenticate my users.

Chris