Hello again Peggy;

You are correct; the Kildress parish records (Church of Ireland), Co. Tyrone,
were sent to PRONI, Belfast, for microfilming (this is the same for churches of
almost all denominations and their congregations throughout Ulster); this is
preferable for local clergy and parish secretaries who are easily overwhelmed
with genealogical enquiries from North America. Genealogical research is not
their role.

There are no indexes to the expansive Kildress records (and none online at no
cost) and to request the staff at PRONI to undertake a complete search would
come at a prohibitive cost. Upon request, they will provide a list of
accredited researchers who regularly extract data from records for you to
contact.
.
Church of Ireland (and also Presbyterian) records have not been made available
to the LDS (PRONI only).

For the interest of listers, the PRONI microfilmed Kildress records held in
Belfast are:
Baptisms 1794-1920
Marriages 1794-1923
Burials 1828-1894
Vestry minutes 1709-1806
Tithes due 1737

Hope this clarifies matters and assists,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia