Hello Tony,

As you will have deduced, the Flax Growers List of 1796 does not record
townlands, just the parish collectively.

Your problem is that the folk you are querying are not recorded in the
Donacavey tithe applotment book (1827) see my file on CTI
http://www.cotyroneireland.com/tithe/donacavey1827.html

Perhaps the only sources that will assist you are the rentals and lease books
of landed estates within the parish, but, of course, this being Ireland, that
is where difficulties commence:

Apart from the filmed (LDS)  Ecclesville Estate leasebook, commencing 1751
(recommended to you previously), nothing else is available online.

Referring to William Roulston’s essential “Researching Scots-Irish Ancestors”
Ulster Historical Foundation, Belfast, there are surviving records for four
estates within the parish: Belmore Estate (Beragh and Sixmilecross) – Leases
commence 1740 and rentals commence 1777 (archived in PRONI, Belfast)

Clogher (Bishopric of): Leases 1746-79 (housed in NLI, Dublin)

Eccles Estate: leases commencing 1671 (PRONI, Belfast)

Mervyn Estate (Omagh and Trillick): Rentals commencing 1719 (PRONI, Belfast)

Trusting this clarifies the situation for you. Regards,

Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia