Thanks Alexander,
I am far from a linux geek, so I gave in to redirection with Nginx in front.
But I would love to see a full step by step recepie for running CouchDB on port
80 on a server with no other systems than Ubuntu installed.
- A couch server as a minimalistic environment that was extremely simple to
manage for new developers.

I think it is a good idea in terms fo making CouchDB the center of attention
for a big crowd, not the little supporting role in the corner.
But is it technially a bad idea?

Johs