On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:46 PM, Martin Broerse <i...@martinbroerse.com> wrote:
> There is nothing needed as far as I know for the 1-1024 range from the
> Windows side.

Well, friends won't let friends use Windows (:
To be serious, for Linux/BSD systems that's not possible without root
privileges.

> Hope it will be added in 2.0 so couchapp's start working on normal url's
> out-of-the-box.

Unlikely, because of permission issues and possible collisions.
However, you can always change the port with your local.ini
configuration if it's safe and possible for your system. Default
behaviour should be friendly for everyone.

> I am new to CouchDB but it feels like something from the
> past to ask users to add a portnumber in the url for accessing a couchapp.

IIRC it should be available from Host / X-Requested-For headers, so
you can get it from and build the real requested URL with the port.

--