Scott Courtney writes:

By way of payback....  I'd be willing to write this up more lucidly, as a
brief FAQ entry, if someone can tell me to whom it should be submitted for
publication. (I'm new to this list.)

Nearly all of the documentation is generated from either an HTML or a Docbook SGML document. INSTALL is generated from an HTML document, man pages, and other stuff is Docbook SGML.

http://www.courier-mta.org/cvs.html tells you how to check stuff out of CVS. Once you've identified which document you'd like to update, check out the correct module, and you'll get the original files.

The stuff that you get from CVS is the only thing you must modify -- everything else that goes in each tarball is generated from these files.

After making your changes run "cvs diff -U 3" to generate the patch and mail it to me.