It strange what you say, because a lot services under linux, can and
runs under chroot ex. DNS,HTTP,FTP,SSH(?),Mail(Postfix),Databases(MySql).
I know that BSD has a bit better security, but for now I' m not going to
install BSD.
And as for linux even a bit more security like chroot services, can
increase security. I understand that chroot isn't perfect but if you add
e.g. GRsecurity patch , it has a big advantage over non chroot environment.
It doesn't cost me a lot (at least I hope),to install in chroot, so why
I shouldn't do that.

Regards,
Krystian