>I'm not disagreeing here either.
>
>Incidentally, FreeBSD's "jail" is better; it's chroot plus additional
>restrictions (e.g. can only bind to a single IP address; cannot tweak
>sysctls).

At least from what I have looked at with Solaris zones, it goes way beyond
this chroot/jail stuff which always seems pretty admin heavy for the
limited security advantage it offers. I haven't yet played with any other
virt tech like on Linux, but it was clear as soon as I saw what you could
do with zones, that chrooting is going to be obsolete pretty soon if not
already. You have total control of system resources and a real "jail" that
as far as I know hasn't been traversed. Sorry, I know this is a bit of a
Solaris ad, but it is really exciting to me, esp that it is built in and so
easy to work with.

Thanks,

Eric