Francis Galiegue skrev, on 13-10-2007 16:53:

[...]

> I said:
>
>> a space is missing
>
> because I think it should read:
>
>> -stderrloggername=imapd -maxprocs=100
>
> And both the startup scripts and config files are OK. Oh yeah, I also happen
> to use Courier's original startup scripts, not Gentoo's. The only difference
> is that I upgraded to 4.0.6.

I run Fedora FC6 and Red Hat RHEL5 with rpms built from Sam's tarballs,
I've been running Courier IMAP (literally) for years and there is
*nothing* in my ps stuff or startup scripts like yours. It's always
worked perfectly, apart from a given time that I cocked up my rpm build
environment and Brian had to sort it out for me (my cheeks are still red).

You are *not* running Sam's stuff, you are running something else.

>> Remove all traces of everything you installed, then follow the instructions
>> in Courier's INSTALL file to get a clean, working install
>
> Oh, please! Is there somewhere in your vocabulary the word "nice" or
> anything?
> I cured the problem anyway (back to 4.0.3), and I don't write to the list to
> get bashed upon like this. If you don't want to/can help, pleas refrain from
> answering.

What does "nice" (a Unix term for process priority) have to do with
anything? Sam does not suffer fools gladly. Follow what the man says to
the letter, and you will have no more problems.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw
Email: tonni at hetnet dot nl