Look in @libexecdir@/imapd.rc.

> You are *not* running Sam's stuff, you are running something else.

I _DO_ _RUN_ _THEM_, damnit! Gentoo's custom scripts are broken. Quoting my
first mail:

> I'm using courier-imap's own scripts to startup, instead of Gentoo
> scripts

> What does "nice" (a Unix term for process priority) have to do with
> anything? Sam does not suffer fools gladly. Follow what the man says to
> the letter, and you will have no more problems.

[ I'm not retarded as to not know what nice means, thank you very much. Ya
know, "nice" has a meaning in English, too. I won't comment on the "fool".]

"Nice" as in giving hints, being helpful or the like. You know, such
as "Courier's pop3d never outputs such a message, are you sure this is the
good pop3d? Check with your package manager" or "There is a -stderrlogname
and a -maxprocs option, something else is wrong" (again, I told that I was
using Courier IMAP's own startup scripts).

And indeed:

* the pop3d was not the good one. I also have GNU mailutils installed,
and /usr/sbin/pop3d was the mailutils one. The thing is, in 4.0.3, the Gentoo
build substitutes pop3d for courier-pop3d in the startup scripts, it's not
done in the 4.0.6 build, hence the error;

* the "no space" error is a bug in the installed pstree! It truncates the line
if it's over a certain length but for some reason it does not put a space in
front of the last argument. The MySQL command lines, also very long, exhibit
the same behaviour, but I noticed this only after I came back to the working
4.0.3 install and observed the same bug.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
One2team - 40 av. Raymond Poincaré, 75116 PARIS CEDEX