For some reason that is escaping me, courier-imap is segfaulting
whenever it receives a STATUS request :

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THRE
AD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP
ready. Copyr
ight 1998-2005 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution
information.
a login [EMAIL PROTECTED] test
a OK LOGIN Ok.
a list
a list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.bincimap-subscribed"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Sent"
* LIST (\Unmarked \HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
a OK LIST completed
a status INBOX (messages)

Connection to host lost.

This generates the following log entry :

Feb 11 00:39:56 vault kernel: pid 3870 (imapd), uid 89: exited on signal
11 (core dumped)

Users can login, logins are accepted normally, as are logouts. As soon
as anyone tries to actually do anything, it segfaults and leaves a core
in the Maildir.

Backtracing the core file suggests this is some kind of memory issue :
#7110 0x102454ff in ?? ()
#7111 0x1424448d in ?? ()
#7112 0x5440f750 in ?? ()
#7113 0x00020000 in ?? ()
#7114 0x688e0375 in ?? ()
#7115 0x0158b814 in ?? ()
#7116 0xcd500000 in ?? ()
#7117 0x90feeb80 in ?? ()
#7118 0xbfbfe66c in ?? ()
#7119 0x00000002 in ?? ()
#7120 0xbfbfe678 in ?? ()
#7121 0x0000003f in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xbfc00000

But I'm at a loss as to why this should be happening.

Courier-imap was built & installed from FreeBSD's ports collection,
authentication is via vpopmail (vchkpw).

Can anyone make any suggestions about where I go from here to
troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Jim.