Thanks.

I see this in my syslog.

Mar 28 00:40:25 capricorn imapd: /etc/courier-imap/shared/index(1): syntax
error.

This is what I try tell you. I don't know, what should write to
the /etc/courier-imap/shared/index file. I don't know the syntax.

In the documentation I read this:

"Blank lines in this file are ignored, as well as lines that begin with a
single "#" character, which are arbitrary comments. Each remaining line
specifies the location of an account's maildir. The line contains the
following fields, separated by a single tab character:

   1. name
   2. system userid
   3. system groupid
   4. virtual home directory
   5. maildir path, relative to the virtual home directory

"name" SHOULD be the account's login name (which in some rare configurations
may not actually match the IMAP login used by the client; this is the name
that's logged to syslog when the account succesfully logs in, which is
usually the same as the IMAP login id). In most situations all accounts will
have the same system userid and groupid. The server doesn't actually do
anything with these fields at this time, but may do so in the future.

The virtual account's home directory is taken verbatim from the authentication
database. The maildir path field is optional. If missing, it defaults
to "./Maildir". Combining the home directory, and the maildir path, results
in the location where the specified account's maildir folders may be found."

Unfortuantely there isn't any example.

Could you help me to write this line?

Thanks Gabor Matyi