hello,

i have set up courier with a mysql virtual setup, and i want to force some
users to use ssl for imap

I found a post where someone tried it the same way
http://www.webservertalk.com/archive375-2005-9-1185618.html

In this post Brian Candler - a real courier guru - gave a good answer, but
for me the line in authmysqlrc with service is not working....
Brian told me that this is an mysql issue, but I figured not out how to
solve the problem .....

Here is the complete file

#authmysqlrc BEGIN#
MYSQL_SERVER 127.0.0.1
MYSQL_USERNAME mailadmin
MYSQL_PASSWORD yomanyo
MYSQL_PORT 0
MYSQL_DATABASE mailserver
MYSQL_USER_TABLE users
MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD password
MYSQL_UID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_GID_FIELD 5000
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD email
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD "/home/vmail"
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD
CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/')
MYSQL_WHERE_CLAUSE userdisabled='0'
MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD quota
# AAA not working
#MYSQL_AUXOPTIONS_FIELD
CONCAT("disableimap=",IF($(service)='imaps',disableimaps,disableimap),",disablepop3=",disablepop3,",disablewebmail=",disablewebmail)
# AAB working
MYSQL_AUXOPTIONS_FIELD
CONCAT("disableimap=",disableimap,",disablepop3=",disablepop3,",disablewebmail=",disablewebmail)
#authmysqlrc END#

the thing is that mysql gets in the line AAA the -> $(service) not as
variable (imap or imaps), because i see it in the mysql.log

39 Query
SELECT email, password, "", 5000, 5000, "/home/vmail",
CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/'),
quota , "",
CONCAT("disableimap=",IF($(service)='imaps',disableimaps,disableimap),",disablepop3=",disablepop3,",disablewebmail=",disablewebmail)
FROM users WHERE email = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" AND (userdisabled='0')

therefore the select AAA fails ....

Marco