On July 8, 2008, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Andrew Nady writes:
> > The setting that I'm trying to accomplish, is an IMAP server hosting
> > local filesystem Maildirs for an ADS server.
> > So far I got a working pam and winbind setup, the only unresolved issue
> > is a pam "session" call to perform:
> >  "session         required     pam_mkhomedir.so   skel=/etc/skel/
> > umask=0022" When I create the $homedir and copy the skel manually, the
> > setup works fine.
>
> courier-authlib does not implement session tracking and session support.
> Once an authentication request is completed, authdaemond has no further
> contact with the imapd server process, and has no further knowledge of its
> existence, or when it terminates, so no session tracking is possible.
>
> > Is there a way to make courier to generate a $homedir and copy the skel?
>
> Only by writing some custom code, yourself. Furthermore, with no $HOME, and
> no $HOME/Maildir, it's somewhat unclear how the account is supposed to
> receive any email.

The reason why $HOME doesn't exist it's due to the fact that no local users
are available, only the MS ADS server hosts the list of "domain users".
Therefore when a user is being authenticated and has no $HOME nor
$HOME/Maildir the calling of pam_mkhomedir.so  should generate the above
from /etc/skel/ as per pam session.

--
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?