Iván Pereiro writes:

For some time I’ve noticing that some imap connections keep opened for weeks or even months.  Stracing those threads I saw that they always are connections from Blackberry servers, and they have activity every 60 seconds. IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT is set to 40 seconds, but those connections keep opened.

IMAP_IDLE_TIMEOUT is not an inactivity timeout. This sets the time interval for checking for any changes to the current mailbox when the IMAP IDLE command is active.

The IMAP protocol requires a minimum of a 30 minute inactivity timeout for IMAP sessions. Courier-IMAP terminates sessions after 30 minutes of inactivity.

How can I make those threads to get recycled?

You don't. IMAP is designed precisely for these kinds of long term mail sessions. If start screwing around with them, be prepared for a bunch of calls from irate users complaining about error messages on their Blackberries.