I have courier-imap 4.2 on centos, it all works very well.

occasionally, I have some users report problems, they tell me they can
still use smtp but not pop (both smtp and pop are on same host)

the user in question is quite distant to the server (Aus <> Thailand);
they use PMMail client, but, when it fails, they tell me then they try
Tbird, and, they claim Tbird also fails
the problems eventually go away with me doing nothing besides talking to
the user

q:
is there any settings I can make on the server to 'improve' operating
paramaters ?
is there any tshooting I can do at the server to try to pinpoint the
reason for failures ?

--
Voytek