Hi,

I am running courier-imap-4.1.1.p2 and courier-authlib-0.58p3 on OpenBSD 4.5.
I have setup my sendmail/procmail to user maildir format.  I had my
test user create his maildir using maildirmake.  He owns all the
directories, and they are all set to 0700 (I have also wiped and reset
all dirs by hand -- no difference).  I set MAILDIRPATH=/var/mail in
/etc/courier/imapd (I have also set it to "/var/mail/" as well -- no
difference).

Both imapd and authdaemond are running.  I can connect to the server,
but every time I get this error:  "No Unable to open this mailbox."
Which, sounds like a permissions error, but I have checked and
re-checked the permissions on the maildir a million times.

Owner is appropriate, and the modes on all of user, cur, tmp and new
are all 0700.  They are located in /var/mail, which is set to 0755.

I have set my debug level to 2 in /etc/courier/authdaemonrc.  I get no
error output in /var/log/messages or in /var/log/maillog.

As of right now.. I am not using any ssl or tls... that's next... I
just want to make sure it is running properly without encryption first.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Chris