I guess this question is a classic.

Squirrelmail by default doesn't play well with the additional #shared
namespace, blatantly failing to display the shared folders, at least
with some versions of Squirrelmail talking to some versions of
Courier-IMAP.

Looking through the archives, I see the question raised at least as
far back as 2004, but the only answers back then were "I don't know"
and "It works for me (mistaken answer not using a #shared namespace)".

I think I had this working once, but if so, I don't remember what I
did.

Do anybody have working instructions on how to make Squirrelmail see
the #shared namespace?

Alternatively (I know Sam rejected this years ago, but things change),
a way to make the #shared namespace appear as a folder in the main
namespace; Accepting the cost of enumerating all the shared folders,
given that the only namespace compatible client in modern use
(Thunderbird) does that anyway.

Alternatively (third fallback), a clear statement regarding the
ability of Courier-IMAP to work with folders that are symlinked into
multiple locations (this requires extensive scripting to create and
remove symlinks as folders come and go, but might be doable if it
doesn't upset the internal logic in Courier).

Alternatively (fourth fallback), a namespace-changing IMAP proxy,
which lets the client ignore namespaces and still see everything.

P.S.

I am aware that the Courier suite includes a modified Squirrelmail
which talks directly to the Courier maildirs, but I need a Squirrelmail
that talks to Courier-IMAP over the network and thus has no direct
access to the file system on the mail server.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10