On 09/26/13 20:58, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
R Skinner writes:

In my logs all I see is: <timestamp> <server> imapd <shared
folder>/tmp/<uuid>_sync.<server>: operation not supported

All my googling on anything remotely related has been for nought. I
tried using truss (similar to strace?) as suggested on IRC, but that
didn't show anything either. It showed exactly what was in the logs, but
the jargon spewed didn't suggest any fault either. All it showed was the
same as in the log immediately after one another.

I'm sure there's more information there.

Since you mentioned that you set up your mailboxes on an NFS mount, this is likely the cause. To verify that, configure some mailbox to reside entirely on a local filesystem, and see if it still has this problem.
What do you mean by more information there? What would I be looking for? The rest is basic transactions that have actually worked - as in the usual. Or do you mean in the truss? Because I ran several transactions and they were the same across the board, but when I opened that folder it just spat out that error.

Moving some boxes is not actually possible now given space issues (It is now running on a small ssd drive). But it was working before in the exact same configuration with the NFS - that hasn't changed, only the courier build itself and the server it runs on. The FreeBSD is the same version, the courier is the same version (I think), just the drive it was running on has changed and a fresh install. The NFS is the same as I had it before, which is why I had it setup for that very purpose - so that if I have to rebuild my server and courier I don't have to worry about migrating my mailboxes.

October Webinars: Code for Performance