R Skinner writes:

On 09/28/13 23:51, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Looks like you're tracing just the couriertcpd process.

For each incoming connection, a child process gets forked off. You need to tell truss to follow each child process. That's where all the interesting stuff happens.
Wasn't aware of that. Tried truss -fp <pid> instead, and it did come up with something different but still indecipherable to myself - I can't see the issue, put it that way. I've attached the output to the message, let me know if I need to do something differently.

I don't see any errors there. The server opened a shared folder, and entered IDLE state, without any errors.