I had a working postfix/courier imap mail server working until I screwed
up postfix files (main, master, various tables). I have brought postfix
back (mostly). Until proven otherwise, I believe I did not affect any
courier imap files, configuration etc.

Postfix seems to be working and deposits mail in recipient's "new"
folder. When I try to get mail with Thunderbird there is never new mail.
When I look at the contents of "new" on the server (FreeBSD) there are
mails there. Permissions on "cur" and "new" are the same.

System FreeBSD  8.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE #0
Postfix version 2.9.1

TIA
Bernard Higonnet