Hi courier-users,

  I have a problem here I do not understand:

  I want to setup several hosteddomains. That works quite well.

  To make an easy configuration script, I wanted to create a new file
  for each domain in

  /etc/courier/hosteddomains/
  and
  /etc/courier/esmtpacceptmailfor.dir

  containing the name of each domain, so it would be easy to handle.
  would look like that:

  /etc/courier/hosteddomains/dom1.com
                             dom2.com
                             dom3.com

  /etc/courier/esmtpacceptmailfor.dir/dom1.com
                                      dom2.com
                                      dom3.com

  and then run makehosteddomains and makeacceptmailfor.

  as I understand this is enough to setup courier to accept mail for a
  domain - right? (Sure I have to setup userdb - that is ok and works)

  ok,  after  fiddling around I found out, that courier did not accept
  multiple files in that dirs - when I give only one file, it works...

  is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something?

  also  I  think  it is a little bit confusing that on the one hand it
  can be a directory or a file with the same name (hosteddomains), but
  on  the  other  hand  the  directory  esmtpaccesmailfor.dir is named
  different  from  the  file esmtpacceptmailfor. Is there a reason for
  this?  Wouldn´t  it  be  easier to handle if all configuration files
  could  also  be  directories with all files in there concatenated in
  case they exist?

  Also makeacceptmailfor says that it is missing esmtpaccesmailfor.dir
  if I have only a file /etc/courier/esmtpaccesmailfor

  I am using Courier mail server, version 0.35.0.

  Thank you very much for your attention.

--
Have a nice trip,
 Hippiesoul