>> - Why the RFC2045 error notification e-mail is sent to the
>recipient ??
>
>It's not, it's bounced to the sender.
>
>>   The fault is on the SENDER side: the recipient has done nothing
>
>And that's who receives the bounce.

doesn't works
maybe I forgot something... I just upgraded to 0.36.1,
compiled as-is (without the FAQ's patch for rfc2045 msg)
but the sender gets back nothing. I tested it with senders
on different mailservers. And,of course, the recipient still receive
the message in an attachment (very bad...).

The test I have done from two different linux boxes, with sendmail
and in two different locations, is:

mail -s "8bit break test" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
аииттаа
.

(if you can't read it, the line after "mail" contains only accented
vowels of ISO8859-1 charset (ASCII CODE >= 128).