Nerijus Baliunas wrote:

> I was told that courier's generated header:
> "Re: =?x-unknown?Q?=?windows-1257?Q?Re:_Mozilla,_OpenOffice_lietuvoje_=28At?=
>=?x-unknown?Q?viro_kodo_program=F8_problem=F8_sprendimas=29?=?="
> is incorrect -  This seems to be an illegal encoded word: there should be a second
>'?'
> immediately after the first 'Q'.
> Is this true?

No, the problem here is that the encoding is nested in a broken way.
Within the outer encoding all uoccurences of '=' and '?' should have
been quoted. As it stands now, the whole section is an invalid formatted
encoding.
My opinion is that when this is detected, the parser should take it's
hands of the whole string and leave it as is. The thing is, nothing
prohibits a user to enter =?unknown?Q??= on the subject line, but the
mail client program should detect this and quote it accordingly.

Just my 2 (euro) cent ;)

Tomas