Title: Re: [courier-users] Authenticated client SMTP connections for clients only
I’m pretty sure that you do not want to set “AUTH_REQUIRED” to “1” in the “etc/esmtpd” file. This will cause every client that connects to the SMTP port to authorize, and like you say, you won’t be able to receive mail any more.

In “etc/smtpaccess”, you can put a list of addresses that can relay mail (you probably just want your IP address in there). When a user is authenticated, their mail should be accepted for relaying regardless of their IP address.

In “etc/esmtpacceptmailfor.dir” you can list the domains that you are accepting mail for.

You have to run the tools to recompile the dat files before these changes take effect.

Good Luck,
-- Miles