You're working too hard Sam - it's Saturday.  :-)  Thanks, BTW.

I finally got a few of my fingers around gdb, and found the code looping
in rfc1035-ntoa_ipv4 (getifconf) with the help of Brian Candler's advise
on how to use gdb.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  I see the code in front of me in
'rfc1035ifconf.c', but am unsure how to best address this...  Should I
wait for cooler heads to prevail?

-Ace