We are trying to use Virtual Domains with MySQL authentication
with .courier delivery instructions (for certain accounts) to
add delivery instructions for special cases.

Having used Courier for nearly a year on five test systems, and
now beginning to deploy it on client machines/domains; we want
to exploit as many of the features as possible (including couriermlm).

We have had great success with Virtual Domains, using the recommended
approach found in.. http://www.courier-mta.org/FAQ.html#vdomains

So, here is the rub:

1.  We can't seem to find a way to get courier (courierlocal, presumably)
    to recognize a .courier file for an account that exists in
    Virtual Domain, being properly authenticated and used via
    the authdaemond.mysql

    Remember, this is otherwise working just fine, delivering mail
    to, say... [EMAIL PROTECTED], or whichever account
    and whichever Domain we have in our database. Really, it's fine.

2.  We have tried, and failed, to change the way we tell courier about
    a Virtual Domain - using (incorrectly we think) the approach where
    we '..deliver all mail for a non local domain into a local mail account..'
    setting the Domain as a local mail account.

    This approach, as documented and as it behaves, really seems to only
    recognize the  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *if* we install a
    .courier-usersaccountname delivery instruction file in the $HOME for
    for *each* such useraccount.

    Right, this is documented this way, and we understand that.

So back to the question.  Is there an way, and an example that can be provided,
that will allow us to use authdaemond.mysql (and our database) for the standard
delivery and authentication processing
        - AND -
allow a way to create an *exception* to the normal with a .courier file so
we can do special case delivery instructions for [EMAIL PROTECTED] that
require  something different?

Thanks in advance.
--
Randy Lewis, RTMX.NET