Tim Hunter wrote:

> > So, if this overrides the "DEFAULTDELIVERY" (my assumption), and
> > plops the
> > message into the 'maildir' we specified in the atuhentiation table'
> > then
> > do we miss the opportunity to recognize a .courier file for the
> > useraccount?
> >
> > If not, do we place the .courier file (fot the useraccountname) in
> > the $HOME location we spec'd in our db table, or in the 'maildir'
> > location?
> >
> > Hey, here's a question that comes from all of our wrangling - and
> > perhaps
> > our over-configuring....
> >
> > Could we just specify a full path all the way to each user-account's
> > maildir location...and, then place a .courier file there (if there is
> > some special delivery instruction);
> >   and remove the 'maildir' definition form our authentication table
> > all together?
> >
> > Would that simplify it -and- allow it to (again) look for a possible
> > .courier file?
> >
> I think you want the following scenario:
> Take out the users MAILDIR field since as long as you have HOMEDIR set it
> will deliver to $HOME/Maildir/ and check for the existance of .courier
>
> Having a MAILDIR field will just drop mail directly into the Maildir defined
> and not use default delivery.

Thank you Tim, if this works it is EXACTLY the utilization method we expected
to use.  Our activation of the 'maildir' field (in the authentcation db) apparently
force courier to skip the $HOME/.courier[-xxxx] processing altogether which
really sent us into a loop.

Randy

> > Thanks in advance for clarificartions.

Randy Lewis, RTMX.NET
----
http://rtmx.net
----
919 644 6456 (Hillsborough NOC)
919 644 7869 (Hillsborough Engineering/Sales)
919 259 7869 (Chapel Hill)
919 328 7869 (Durham)
336 303 7869 (Greensboro)
919 227 7869 (Raleigh)