I have installed the complete courier 0.41 package. I
followed the installation instructions and have an
almost functioning server. The machine is running
Redhat 7.2 and also has apache, coldfusion, and mysql
installed and funstioning properly. The configure and
make processes completed without error using a nonroot
user. I su'd and ran make install and everything
installed fine. I configured everything using
webadmin. I initially skipped the post-install test
using perftest1. I ran makemaildir with the
appropriate user logins and created them as
$HOME/Maildir .
  I am to the point where everything is working as
configured except sending mail and delivering mail.
When I try to send mail to an unknown user, the
message is bounced back with unknown user error. When
I send a message to a known user, everything appears
to work, but no messages are showing in the users
Maildir/new (and not in /tmp nor /cur either). I am
not seeing any error messages in the system logs.
  I also can't seem to send mail. I have a coldfusion
app that sends email out (the app was working until
the dedicated email server died) we made the necessary
changes to coldfusion to use the new email server and
after changing the smtp config to allow relaying,
everything is showing as functional in the coldfusion
logs, but the email is never delivered (tried both
local and external addresses). I am thinking that
there is something stupid I am missing and I have
searched the list archives, the FAQ and google with
out luck. Ohh, I also went back and tried the
perftest1 script. Everything completed without error,
but no mail showed up and nothing appeared in the log
files. After a reboot, I received failures until
starting authdaemond.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff