On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:47:36AM -0500, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Sounds good in principle, but keep in mind that not everyone who uses open
> source software is capable of making changes to a complex piece of C code.
> I am a system administrator, not a programmer.

The difference between the two is mainly one of job description, and
shouldn't be one of understanding how programs work or how to modify
them.  If you can't program in some language, you should learn how
probably starting with shell, and moving towards perl or python and
then to C. It will vastly improve your sys admin skills to be able to
read and code.

-Peter

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.

Plan 2: If you're going to apologize, don't do it.  If you're going to
do it, don't apologize