From: greg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: Bowie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > In that case, what are the contents of your hosteddomains/* and
> > locals files?  It looks like you should have an empty locals file
> > and the domain you are using for your emails should be in one of
> > your hosteddomains files.
>
> I found and fixed a problem I was having with delivery, and can now
> receive mail for a virtual account.  However, I still do not know
> how to access that mail (the first question in my original post).
>
> I have both a locals file, contents:
>
> localhost
> .janetandgreg.com
> janetandgreg.com
> .tproinc.com
> tproinc.com
>
> and a hosteddomains file, contents:
>
> localhost
> janetandgreg.com
> tproinc.com
> linfire.no-ip.org
>
> I have an account, [EMAIL PROTECTED] which I’ve defined as
> a virtual account in my userdb, as follows:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

systempw=nIuOAe0gSBqjI|uid=501|home=/home/courier/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|gid=501
>
> I can send mail to this account, and the mail shows up in the
> /home/courier/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Maildir
> hierarchy.  However, I can’t seem to figure out how to actually
> read that mail, since the account does not exist on the system.  If
> I log in to sqwebmail as user 501 (courier), I don’t see the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] mail folders.  If I try to log in as
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (via sqwebmail), I get a "Invalid user
> name or password" error.  How do I actually view the mail sent to
> this user?

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with your current problem,
but I should point out that you shouldn't put the same domain in both
locals and hosteddomains.  Domains found in locals are stripped off
email addresses before authentication.  Domains found in
hosteddomains are left with the email address.  "linfire.no-ip.org"
is only in hosteddomains, so it should be ok.  The rest of them are
ambiguous.  You need to pick one.

As for your current problem:
- You are logging in as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and not just
  "gregnoip", right?
- Are you sure you've got the right password?  Reset the password,
  run makeuserdb, and try again.  I know it sounds stupid, but I've
  been caught by this a few times.
- Is the authdaemon running?

Bowie