Jeff

Thanks for taking the time.  Okay, prehaps I got it wrong.  I was pretty
sure that I'd read that the courier (and/or postfix???) would take care
of this for me.  Why else must I specify the Sent and Trash parameters
in /etc/imapd?? Anyway, if it doesn't, it doesn't..  So moving swiftly
on..

> First are you creating the folders inside of your INBOX?  You set up
> an account and you specify a HOME and MAIL directory.  That MAIL
> directory is a
> maildir.  So let's say that the HOME directory for someone is
> "/home/mailusers/john" and the MAIL directory is
> "/home/mailusers/john/Maildir".  The MAIL directory is that
> user's INBOX. So
> if you want to create a "Drafts" folder for this account then
> you would run
>
> maildirmake -f Drafts /home/mailusers/user/Maildir

After reading the man file, I thought I had a grip on this when I tried
it. The line I used was...Anyway, I deleted everything and started all
over again as per your instructions.  This worked, but with the net
result that I had folders caled Drafts, Sent Items, Outbox and Trash as
*subfolders* of my Inbox (Because that is what Outlook called).  This
looks a) messy and b) illogical.

What I would like is to have Drafts, Sent, Trash, etc as *sister*
folders to the Inbox.  I tried to do this, and it is possible to but
Outlook still puts them all as a subdirectory of Inbox.  Which doesn't
help.  Is there a way to do what I want, or am I pissing into the wind?

Lydiard