trying to post, but which is getting bounced.

Thanks for your help.

Ricardo

----- Message Forwarded on 12/08/03 09:19 pm -----
From: "Courier mail server at americasnet.com" <@>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NOTICE: mail delivery status.
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:02:26 -0800

This is a delivery status notification from
mail1.americasnet.com, running the Courier mail server,
version 0.43.1.

The original message was received on Mon, 08 Dec 2003
12:02:24 -0800 from server2.americasnet.com (localhost
[::ffff:127.0.0.1])

---------------

                           UNDELIVERABLE MAIL

Your message to the following recipients cannot be
delivered:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
    mail.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.206]:
>>> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<<< 550 Sender verify failed

---------------

If your message was also sent to additional recipients,
their delivery status is not included in this report.  You
may or may not receive other delivery status notifications
for additional recipients.

The original message follows as a separate attachment.

From: "Ricardo Kleemann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Please help understanding mailq, I have messages
that seem to be "stuck" Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:02:23
-0800

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding why a message that is
in the queue is still pending. I don't quite understand how
the queue mechanism works, even after having read the
queue.html document.

So as an example, I have a message in the queue, where the
maillog only shows a "newmsg" entry and does not have any
followup information:

Dec  8 10:04:41 server2 courierd:
newmsg,id=0F00536A.3FD4BD38.000052AE: dns; mysql
(localhost
[::ffff:127.0.0.1])

The message originated on the localhost from mailman, a
mailing list manager.

There is no other mention of this message id in the maillog,
and the message was queued up about 1 hour ago.

Even more strange, maybe, is that I've issed the command
"courier flush 0F00536A.3FD4BD38.000052AE" at least once,
but the message does not leave the queue, and maillog still
makes no further references to the message.

I can see the message via mailq, here is its entry:

5.1K             0F00536A.3FD4BD38.000052AE          Dec 08
10:04
daemon           <sender>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>
                 <list recip>

In this particular case, there were about 13 recipients for
delivery, all of which happened to be of the same domain.

When I look at the control file for this message, I don't
see any useful information that would indicate to me why the
message is still pending; it doesn't even seem, from looking
at both the control file and the maillog, that delivery has
even been attempted yet.

Here's the contents of the control file, with addresses
stripped out:

s<sender>
fdns; mysql (localhost [::ffff:127.0.0.1])
M0F00536A.3FD4BD38.000052AE
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
r<list recip>
E1071338680
p1070935480
W1070921080
A1070906681

Could maybe the problem be related to my queuelo and queuehi
settings? I had set those to high values because my system
has a large number of queued messages at all times, but
maybe that is causing some problems...

I have queuelo=5000 and queuehi=10000

Following suggestions from previous posts in this list, the
partition where var/msgq and var/msgs is, is mounted with
noatime, to increase performance. I hope there's no adverse
effect due to that.

Anyway, I can't understand why there would be a newmsg entry
in the log but then no other references to the message
whatsoever, even after trying to flush it out.

And the problem isn't with only this one message. The same
post to the list generated a few outgoing messages from
mailman, and there are 2 other related messages in the queue
which are also "stuck".

Thanks for any help
Ricardo

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail1.americasnet.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:02:24 -0800
Received-From-MTA: dns; server2.americasnet.com (localhost [::ffff:127.0.0.1])

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.sourceforge.net [66.35.250.206]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Sender verify failed

--=_courier_0