> > Is there away to eliminate double bounces?
> >
> > I am specifically concerned with the following scenario: Spam sent to
> > inexistant local addresses is initially accepted by courier,
>
> Courier does not accept mail to nonexistent local addresses.
>
> Problem solved.

I guess my setup doesn't allow me to distinguish between local domains
and virtual domains (my one local domain has a .courier-default, and my
virtual domains do not). In any case, courier does regularly accept
email for nonexistant virtual domain addresses.

I setup the virtual domains using the webadmin tool. Looking at the
configuration files, it appears to be adding an alias of the form:

   @domain.org: domain

And then .courier-username files in the domain account deliver some of
the mail to local users or forward it on to an external email address.
What concerns me, however, is that any mail not matching one of the
dotfiles is bounced, and when the From address was forged, a double
bounce is then delivered to the postmaster.

I would like to avoid either receiving the double bounce, or sending the
bounce in the first place if courier could be configured not to accept
messages that it could not ultimately deliver.

Charles

--
This cooling shave
Will never fail