Ben Kennedy writes:

On 21 12 2004 at 7:04 pm -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Sourceforge uses mailman. I find it rather annoying. It keeps pestering me, every day, with this thing or that thing.

I run a couple of lists and don't have such a problem.

Instead of rejecting messages from non-subscribers out of hand, or rejecting messages for other similar reasons, it queues it up, and bugs me to manually remove the message from the queue.

You can configure automatic behaviour for these things if you don't want to be pestered.

I find nothing in Sourceforge's mailman interface to tell it to STOP it from pestering me to manually cancel messages mailman intercepted and did not distribute to the list: messages from nonsubscribers, suspected spam, huge messages, and so on.

It's gotten to the point where I actually wrote a Perl script to handle mailman's obnoxiousness automatically.

Care to share? I am curious about what things it deals with. It may be of interest to the rest of us for similar reasons.

It runs the 'admindb' command, parses the HTML output to get the list of message numbers in the admin queue, then sends a POST nuking everything.