When I configure LDAP aliasing, the sbin/courierldapaliasd query works:

# ./sbin/courierldapaliasd query esmtp [EMAIL PROTECTED]
esmtp [EMAIL PROTECTED]
maildrop: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But for the life of me I can't get the actual forwarding to work.  The
LDAP record that the alias information is pulled from is a complete
mail account as well, and when I send an email to it it gets delivered
to its maildir instead of being forwarded to my gmail account.  I
created a test record that doesn't have the homeDirectory,
userPassword, or any of that (just objectClass,uid,mail,maildrop) and
in that case the message just sits in the queue.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Thanks.