Angus Lee said:
>     I'm not sure this is the right place to post this message, but i
> really want to seek for help.

Technically IMAP specific issues should go to courier-imap but anyone who
uses Courier-MTA is likely using IMAP also.

>     I'm using courier-imap-3.0.7 with fedora core 2 (2.6.5-1.358smp).

That is a very old kernel.  It should work, I've not heard of any fs
corruption issues in Fedora kernels.  However you are probably vulnerable
to a handful of security issues and really should run up2date.

>     For two servers with this config, i found that when user check email
> through webmail (squirrel mail), the email should move from "new" user
> folder to "cur" user folder. However, some "dead" file will be
> generated inside the "cur" folder. When i "ls" that file,
> "Input/Output Error" will be generated in console.

How are the messages being delivered to the folder?  Can you give an ls
-alRF before from the top of the Maildir?  Are you using ext3 (Fedora Core
default fs) ReiserFS or XFS (must be manually chosen at install time) for
the Maildir's filesystem?

>     I'm quite sure that it is the problem related to this courier-imap
> release and this linux kernel, by prove by two different hardware
> config servers. I searched through web and have no solution.

Did you rebuild the Courier rpms on each box or use the same ones?  Where
did the rpms or manual build come from?  The issue may be with the
specific build not the source.

First upgrade your kernel as well as any other packages up2date shows need
updates.  Then make sure your running the latest stable version of Courier
(0.48.2).  Rebuild the rpms on each box seperately.  Others are running
Courier on FC2 without issue.

>     Can anyone help me on this? or is that the related issue has been
> fixed in newer courier-imap release?

You didn't say what version of Courier your running so we can't really
say, upgrade to the latest.

Jay
--
Jay Lee