Ben Kennedy wrote:

Maybe on a 4xx it would make sense.  I can't see how it would with a 5xx,
though.  If you have 2 MXs and they don't agree on who is a valid user
(for example), you have bigger problems.

My fault. You are right. There is no good reason to try a second MX if I
get a 5xx error.

There still remains the 4xx error situation and the "Connection timed
out" => "deferred" situation. Why not try a second MX in these situations?

If it's "turned off", then Courier would try and fail and move on to the
next one, as it currently does, so what's the difference?

Yes you are right again. I mentioned this because I had this problem
with a very old Courier version I was running some time ago. Old problem
already solved.

But again ther still remains the server too busy situation where I end
getting a "Connection time out". Wouldn't it be good to try a second MX
here?

Rodrigo Severo

Internet security is just like sex, everybody says: "I'm doing it."

Rodrigo Severo
Fábrica de Idéias
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SBS - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1301 - Cobertura
CEP: 70070-904
Fone: (61) 321 1357
Fax: (61) 223 1712