Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Iain Sims writes:
>
>> I have a question regarding public folder permissions for shared
>> maildirs.
>>
>> Setting permissions on a shared maildir for any single user to ceilrstw
>> should (as far as the man page tells me) allow that user to create
>> folders (c) and delete messages (t & e).
>>
>> Yet I find that users are unable to delete messages being told that they
>> require additional permissions (x) to be set.
>>
>> All I would like to do is allow certain users to be able to delete
>> messages, but not the share. Do I have the permissions wrong??
>

> Instead of paraphrasing what you think your problem is, post the actual
> error messages.

Nothing in the /var/log/mail.* files relating to this, just an
Thunderbird alert message showing:

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Access
denied for RENAME on #shared.Test.example (ACL "x" required)."

That is trying to delete the folder. I do not even have the option to
delete a file within the folder as the delete button is greyed out.

Regs.

Iain.