Jeff Jansen wrote:

Anton Basistov wrote:
Hello. The problem is:
when I trying to send letter to unexistent address, server says error,
during the smtp session. It's not bad.
But, then I try to send mail to many addresses at one time, and only
one  of them is unknown, server bounces letter during the smtp session,
but why? I want to deliver letter to that adresses, which is correct.
How  can I setup server, for it accept any mail from me, and THEN
bounce  incorect letters?

It's not the server doing this - it's your email client.  If you enter 3
bad addresses and then 3 good addresses and then a message, courier will
send that message to 3 good addresses and ignore the bad ones.

The problem is that most email clients when they get back a "550 User
Unknown" error immediately quit the connection and don't send the
message.

Courier is already doing exactly what it should - it's accepting mail
for good addresses and rejecting mail for bad ones.  You don't have to
change anything.  It's just that your email client (and mine too -
Thunderbird) will quit as soon as it gets an error - even if it's just a
bad address error - and never send the message at all.

The reason of my talking about this is that previous mail server (CommunigatePro) did what I sad: even if the address in header was wrong, it accepted the message, but then sent bak error system message.

May be somebody can know something about this?

Anton.