Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bowie Bailey writes:
> > Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> > > As such, since the whole process is under the complete control of
> > > the recipient, the recipient must then recognize that SPF will not
> > > be functional on forwarded mail. The recipient must concede to
> > > disabling SPF as he cost of having the recipient's mail forwarded.
> > > SPF can still be checked, of course, by the forwarder.
> >
> > This assumes that the recipient has control over the destination
> > server. This is frequently not the case.
>
> If the recipient has no control over the destination server, then this
> means that the recipient can't forward mail there. That's the final
> answer.

Not quite true.  Forwarding still works if the forwarder rewrites the MAIL
FROM address (e.g., to be in the forwarder's own domain).  The scheme
employed doesn't have to be SRS specifically.  Any sender rewriting
scheme will do as long as the original sender's SPF record will no longer
be violated after rewriting the sender address.

I'm not sure whether Courier supports MAIL FROM rewriting, though.