On 11/09/2012 8:25 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Constantine Kousouris writes:
>
>> > What's different for you, then? Do you have a custom maildrop recipe?
>> > Let's see it.
>>
>> My maildir contains the following
>>
>> # ls -al
>> <snip>
>> drwx------ 2 1009 uucp    8192 Sep 10 17:48 .Courier
>> <snip>
>>
>> The only difference of my mailbox with a coleague's mailbox is that I
>> have some .courier-xxxx files.
>
> .courier files belong in an account's home directory. Not its maildir.
>
> You have configured your system so that the account's home directory
> and maildir are conflated together. That, undoubtedly, is causing
> problems somehow.

Sam and Constantine,

Could it be that .Courier is a directory, and `deliver` or its spawn are
doing a case insensitive search of the Maildir to find delivery
instructions, and are finding .Courier instead?  If the host is a
Windows Box, they are traditionally case insensitive so .Courier,
.cOurIer, .COURIER and .courier are all considered the same?

I have never played with .courier files in anyway, so I may be totally
way off the mark with this.
But having dealt with transferring files between Windows and Linux
systems, I am WELL aware of Windows being case insensitive for just
about everything except passwords.

HTH,
Cheers,
Tim Lyth