Distinguished Courier folks, I may not post much here, but I am on of the
800 members that does read the activity for the most part and have enjoyed
the discussion of IMAP's usefulness.. when.. oddly enough found that my own
project domain's IMAPD no longer works.

I use courier at home for my personal domain, and used to be very
interested in making it as secure as possible (the whole TLS show) and
admit that it has been just running for a few years without care and
feeding.

I set up my iPhone to read my home mail and it failed. So I tried telnet
from my laptop..

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-SHA1 AUTH=CRAM-SHA256
IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011
Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
01 login <my user> <my pass>
* BYE Temporary problem, please try again later

I am in a pretty easy place with troubleshooting, as it would cause me no
great pain at all to wipe the whole server and start fresh.. but what would
I learn, right? So, where might I expect to find the logs that truly tell
me what the imapd daemon did not like? (mail.log and messages.log did not
have it, while mail.log does have all the courier smtpd stuff it seems.

Nick