That helped! My authlib was it running. That moved me along to imap-ssl not
linking to gnutls, so I though a nice package rebuild would be in order.. And
find that .70 is current, I had .69 of courier (gentoo distro) so is bailed on
me complaining about ldap.h when I specifically build with out ldap support...
Go figure.. So I will now beat on getting both gnutls and courier .70 built
before I complain again :-)

I am sure this is more a distro portage question, but does that ldap.h ring any
bells?

Nick

Nick Ellson - from iPhone (forgive typos)
CCIE #20018
Network Hobbyist
"Educating Layer 8, one user at a time."