PenguinDude24 writes:

On 05/09/2014 05:43 PM, PenguinDude24 wrote:
> EHLO,
>
> I am trying to configure courieresmptd to use vanity server (aka vhost).
> I have been running one domain for months now.
>
> I bought another domain few days ago and I want to know how to configure
> TLS for vhosts (domain1.com, domain2.com).
>
> Normally, one would put:
>
> file: /etc/courier/esmtpd
> ---------------------------
> TLS_CERTFILE=/$path_to_certfile
>

> But how does one specify more than one certificate?
>
> Use semi-colons:
> TLS_CERTFILE="/$path_to_certfile_1:/$path_to_certfile_2"

Never mind, I found it on some old mailing list posts.

Use commas and space for vhosts. Wasn't clear enough from
/etc/courier/esmtpd:

TLS_CERTFILE="/$path_to_certfile_1, /$path_to_certfile_2"

Are you sure about that? If this actually works, this would work only if Courier is built against OpenSSL, which is the default. TLS_CERTFILE gets passed directly to SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file() which, AFAIK takes a single filename.

If this works, this must be getting handled entirely by OpenSSL. Explicit support for this in Courier is implemented only when Courier is built with a custom option to use GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL (although some distributions already configure Courier to use GnuTLS by default).

For GnuTLS, set

TLS_CERTFILE=/etc/certificates

and install your certificates as

/etc/certificates.example.com
/etc/certificates.domain.com

and so on. There's a single TLS_CERTFILE setting, and each certificates names is $TLS_CERTFILE.domain.

$TLS_CERTFILE along can still be a certificate that will be used for any host that's not.