Mark Constable writes:

On 14/02/15 12:19, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Sure, and I already link to a Japanese language site that someone maintains.

Okay, cool.

> But out of curiosity – what exactly is the problem with viewing www.courier-
> mta.org from a mobile phone. I just tried it with Firefox mobile, and
> everything looks perfect.

I had only been looking at it by making my FF browser window narrower.

I didn't realize you had an adsense ad up the top!

It's been there for a while. It does its job of paying for the commercial hosting.

The top links are a problem and you've gone and added some "funky javascript"
for a dropdown menu which I never noticed before :)

That menu has been there for years. It's pretty lame coding.

. would you consider changing the doctype to HTML5?

. would you be adverse to adding some CSS3 media queries?

Here's one HTML5 and CSS3 validated attempt of just the front page...

https://renta.net/courier/

My Nexus 5 approves and even Pagespeed is reasonable...

My scripts are XML based, hence all the content is XHTML. That's going to be hard to change.

CSS tweaks are perfectly fine.