On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mr...@courier-mta.com>
wrote:

> bit_hi te writes:
>
> Hi,
>>
>> I've managed to solve the "return code: 21 (unable to verify the first
>> certificate)" part.
>> Did a "cat server_ssl_cert.pem CA_intermediate_cert.crt CA_root_cert.crt
>> > imapd.pem and set this as TLS_CERTFILE (no change of TLS_TRUSTCERTS).
>>
>> Still don't have TLS working though. The connection hangs as below:
>>
>> $ openssl s_client -starttls imap -tls1_2 -connect hostname:993 -crlf
>> CONNECTED(00000003)
>>

> "Don't have TLS working" is a very generic, but not a very useful
> description. Instead of paraphrasing what you did, you need to show
> explicitly what configuration settings you're trying to use.

True. Please find below the configuration file with no comments:

SSLPORT=993
SSLADDRESS=0
SSLPIDFILE=/var/run/imapd-ssl.pid
SSLLOGGEROPTS="-name=imapd-ssl"
IMAPDSSLSTART=NO
IMAPDSTARTTLS=YES
IMAP_TLS_REQUIRED=1
COURIERTLS=/usr/sbin/couriertls
TLS_PROTOCOL="TLS1_2"
TLS_CIPHER_LIST="TLSv1.2:!TLSv1_1:!TLSv1:HIGH:!SSLv3:!SSLv2!LOW:!MEDIUM:!EXP:!NULL:!aNULL@STRENGTH
:!aNULL:!eNULL:!PSK:!RC4:!MD5:!aDH:!DH"
TLS_STARTTLS_PROTOCOL="TLS1_2"
TLS_CERTFILE=/etc/courier-imap/imapd.pem
TLS_DHPARAMS=/etc/courier-imap/imapd_dhparams.pem
TLS_TRUSTCERTS=/etc/ssl/certs
TLS_VERIFYPEER=PEER
TLS_CACHEFILE=/var/lib/courier-imap/couriersslcache
TLS_CACHESIZE=524288

Thanks for your help!